- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
Yes, St Saviour Douzenier 2020-present
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
MSc, DipHI, MCIW, CGLI. Various GCEs/A Levels.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
I would describe myself as a strategic visionary, both qualities severely lacking in most current States members and something this island needs now more than ever. I have been responsible for private sector budgets of over £6 million and departments of 45+ technical specialists.
As a past member on the Executive Board of (what was) Guernsey Telecom, I also have a good technical understanding of one of the Island’s most important network infrastructures for developing our future economy. I have owned and run a number of private sector entities in the marcoms field, including the design and management of a client communications platform for 14,000 customers.
I have a practical understanding of various technologies and recognise their central role in Guernsey’s future. I am also qualified to survey domestic property (in the UK) and also to issue Energy Certificates, so again, I have practical experience to bring to bear on planning, environment and infrastructure. If successful, I would ideally seek a position on Economic Development.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
Trustee of St Saviour’s Community Centre, with responsibility for governance and fundraising. A particular involvement is with the annual dance competition (Strictement), alongside an enthusiastic team. This is the major fundraiser for the charity.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
Initiate a reduction in the amount of members to about 20 and bring in non-political, non-voting participants onto committees who have direct experience to contribute towards assisting actual committee Deputies.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
- Any other comments you wish to add: