- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
Clinical Dental Technician
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
Master of Science in Advanced and Specialist Healthcare Dip Clinical Dental Technology Royal College of surgeons(ENG) Level 3 Teacher in Education and Training 36 years of Dental Domiciliary visits to Guernsey care,residential homes and hospital.
This enables me to have an evidence based practice view not only to the vulnerable adult but also to our healthcare system.Allowing me to use critical and analytical thinking but more importantly compassion.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
36 years as a Dental Healthcare Professional in Guernsey
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
Yes, I would continue to visit the care homes,residential homes and hospital .
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
My Masters degree in Advanced and Specialist Healthcare as well as a Dental Healthcare professional for 36 years would place me in the States Health and Social Care Sector.
I understand corporate governance,change management and managing change. All of the above I believe can only be a benefit as part of a new Healthcare team for Guernsey.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
As Master of Ceremonies for the Guernsey Dinner Boxing Club, we have raised in access of £250,000 for local charities (GROW, Les Bourgs Hospice, Guernsey Chest and Heart and many more)
Master of Ceremonies for Ray Lowe Trust Auctions raising over £20,000 for local sports.
Master of ceremonies on all Island Guernsey Swim events and galas.
Dental Health Care Professional Committee at the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners
Chairman of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Clinical Dental Technicians Alumni
Postgraduate committee at the University of Kent.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
That all States Deputies recognise the expertise different members bring to the table, appreciate their knowledge base on their chosen subjects and reflect on the evidence put before them in debate.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
That I can listen, digest and reflect on all policies. Through a lifetime of learning and mistakes I can use critical and analytical thinking.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes is the answer.A democracy accepts the majority have spoken and their wishes must be respected and upheld.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
Hautes Capelles educated to a Masters degree at Kent university has been a life long journey of learning.
Great Teachers have passed through my life gifting me with their wisdom and knowledge. I am now ready for this political challenge: “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants” Isaac Newton 1675