- NAME OF CANDIDATE
Lyndon Sean Trott
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
I am currently a member or chairman of the boards of several of international financial services businesses and investment funds. I am also the vice president of the Policy & Resources Committee
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
I have served continuously as a member of the States of Deliberation since May 2000.
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
I served as a non States member of the Sea Fisheries Committee between 1997 and 2000.
Between 2000 and until 2004, I served continuously as a States member on the Board of Administration, Board of Industry and Sea Fisheries Committee.
Between 2004 and until 2008, I served continuously as our Island’s first Treasury & Resources Minister.
Between 2008 and until 2012, I served continuously as our Island’s Chief Minister.
During 2012 to 2016, I served as a member of the Commerce & Employment Committee and as a member of Guernsey Finance LBG.
Between 2016 to date, I have served as the Vice President of the Policy & Resources Committee and as chairman of Guernsey Finance LBG.
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
I am a graduate of the Institute of Directors company direction programme.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
I am currently the senior independent non executive director of the board of a leading Guernsey based specialist pensions administration and fiduciary company. A non executive director of a global private equity fund administrator.
Chairman of an international discretionary fund manager. Chairman of an international investment reporting company. Chairman of a closed ended, unlisted, private equity investment structure. Additional details can be found via link at lyndontrott.gg
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
I do, in a non executive capacity, as I have for the last twenty years.
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
At this election I have unrivalled political experience. At local level I am the chairman of the executive committee of the Guernsey branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Committee. At national level I am a member of the CityUK leadership council. At international level I am the independent trustee of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association trust funds.
My skill set is particularly compatible with the Economic Development Committee, States Trading Supervisory Board, Scrutiny Committee and the Policy & Resources Committee.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
I would like all elected members to have the drive to get things done!
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
Apart from unrivalled senior political experience at local, national and international levels, I also have significant senior commercial leadership experience also in all three environments.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes I am.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
I wish to take this opportunity to thank the organisers of this site for arranging it, all the candidates that have contributed to it, and in particular all those that take the time to read it.