- NAME OF CANDIDATE
Mark Anthony Brehaut
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
Grammar School to A level PRINCE2 qualified practitioner CISI Introduction to securities and investments CISI Derivative Operations
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
Project Manager and Operations Manager Vice President, UK asset management, HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Phil) Inc. Assistant Manager, HSBC private bank (C.I.) Ltd.
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
Change management expert, so used to a transition environment and the requirements to manage expectations and push through to completion.
Used to working to a highly regulated and time bound schedule: I was also a champion of Global Standards, a programme to ensure that all business was conducted in a manner consistent with the highest compliance requirements. Committees I would like to serve on – Business and Commerce and Environment and Infrastructure.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
Implementation of new computer platform and insourcing of operations from UK. Local lead on platform optimisation project. Lead on customer reporting enhancement. Operations lead on US FATCA implementation project. Solution design for new loan product tailored to unique requirements.
CSR projects Mangrove planting in Nisugbo Litre of light, an international programme to bring light from renewable sources to impoverished communities Project ARK a programme to provide dried food parcels to Typhoon devastated areas Lead sponsor for site Diversity and Inclusion team Scout association HQ redevelopments for 8th (Reliant) at le Douit Baudin and the 3rd (St. Martins) in Saint’s Road Expeditions and residential experiences to Bulgaria, Austria, France, Greece and the UK; Principal leader of Guernsey contingent to Kanderjam centenary celebrations in Kandersteg, Switzerland. Awarded wood badge, 25 year long service and medal of merit.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
Coaching for deputies to ensure that debates are succinct and on topic.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes. I do, however, feel that deputies should be allowed to record dissenting opinions (As Judges can) in the minutes for future reference.
- Any other comments you wish to add: