- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
1994 – current…..during this time I was successfully elected in the 1997 Conseiller Elections
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
President Home Affairs Committee Minister Social Security Authority Chairman Inheritance Law Review Committee Chairman States Members Induction Working Party Vice-Chairman States Assembly and Constitution Committee Vice-Chairman Joint Committee’s Good Governance Group Vice-Chairman Parochial Ecclesiastical Rates Review Committee Vice-President Guernsey Gambling Committee Vice-President Guernsey Telecoms Member Health & Social Services Department Member Policy Council Member Home Department Member Environment Department Member Scrutiny Committee Member Recreation Committee Member Children Board Member Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Executive Committee
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
Experience as a States Deputy following 7 successful elections.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
Life and States experience following 26 years as an elected Deputy. I would be looking to continue on Home Affairs if re-elected if not another Committee where I could use my experience and knowledge.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
The States Greffier produce an accurate record on the system for publication as part of States Members Attendance Record reflecting the time a States member first arrives at a States meeting instead of currently if a member arrives at 5pm it records him/her as being present all day.
The States approved Simultaneous Electronic Voting yet its still outstanding, implementing without any further delay would be good.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
Experience and not afraid of hard work. I have been fully committed to my States work the last 26+years and only missed 3 days of States meeting during that time.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes, I’ve always accepted the majority decision, true democracy
- Any other comments you wish to add: