- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
St Peter Port
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
St Peter Port Douzenier – 2013-2016 & 2020 – present
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
Primary & secondary education Numerous vocational certificates & diplomas Management 360 certificate World host training
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
Only as Part time consultant
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
My engineering background has given me a good eye for detail and an analytical mind. I have good people skills and common sense
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
I give training to staff at work I have not been able to do much in the Douzaine, I has a couple of meetings before lockdown.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
To stop the constant revisiting of proposals
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
An analytical mind and my ability to look at thing outside the box
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
A decision should be made and then acted on.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
The Government needs to recover from Covid, we need to make decisions and get the Island running again.