- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
ex Preschool Practitioner. Multi Media Platform Management & Marketing
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
No, I have not previously been a member of the States.
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
No, I have never been a member of a States Committee
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
No, I have never been a douzanier.
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
I gained 5 GCSE’s Qualified Preschool Practitioner in Early Years up to age 8 } Food Hygiene First Aid Diplomas in Multimedia platform management, marketing & online reputation, Basic & advanced Phycology of sales Photography
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
My ten years in Early Years Education has held me in good stead for the last fourteen years trying to get help & representing my two children within the educational system and services.
I became a self-appointed Multi-agency Liaisons officer having to attend regular multi-agency meetings, assessments, referrals. working closely with professionals and chasing up services which became a full time (unpaid) job. Both of my children are on the Autistic spectrum so I have lots of experience with children with special educational needs & hidden disabilities.
I retrained in Multimedia management which I put into practice to built and run a website for my families business also managing their multimedia platforms and marketing to keep my new skills relevant. When my eldest left secondary school and I was allowed to return to work, I started working in the office dealing with email bookings and arranging tours with holidaymakers and promoting our beautiful Island – until COVID 19 hit.
I also built a platform for local artists & creators like myself to showcase what is made in Guernsey and to encourage to support and buy locally.
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
Apart from running my websites and doing crafting for relaxation in the evenings, this would be a full-time role for me so I can fully dedicate my time to being a peoples Deputy.
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
My role as a preschool practitioner included planning & development on a day to day basis. Talking to and advising parents. I think my life experiences can be easily transferred to my role as a Deputy.
I can relate to parents that have and are going through difficulties gaining help for their children, after working with practically every service involved with this, as I have done it twice have experienced the problems lay within the system first hand. I am used to the reading and researching, debating with professionals. I have never given up or been defeated and continue to strive to get help for my children. I also have experience of addiction through a family member and trying to get help for them and experience with Child & Adult Mental Health Services.
I love flora and fauna, foraging and with a family background in growing l have been brought up growing vegetables and have a respect for our local environment and natural food. So I think the Education committees and Environmental committees would be a natural fit.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
Building and developing websites for work and personal reasons and studying to learn all of the necessary skills have been beneficial to work and the community. Which both involve promoting local products and our Island. I love to grow my own vegetables and enjoy doing my part for the pollinator project in my own garden.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
I would like more transparency. More support for locals, our environment and Heritage.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
A determination to be heard and never giving up in something I believe in with resilience and adaptability.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes, I am able to respect the majority decision. I am very good at seeing things from others perspective but will always fight my corner and debate in an informed and respectful manner to get my point of view across and be heard.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
I am not a politician but have plenty of real-life experience which is transferable and a quick study. I have Guernsey and it’s peoples best interest at heart which in my opinion is needed. I am passionate, determined and adaptable.
My favourite saying in life is ‘It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice’ I think a lot more people should have that attitude towards life