- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
St Peter Port
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
I’m a Chartered Surveyor with 20 years post-qualification experience. I’m a Chartered Manager and run my own business.
I worked for the States of Guernsey in the former environment department for 10 years as their Senior Building Control Surveyor.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
Since 2014, I’ve run my own business, Chescoe Limited, Chartered Surveyors and worked for the States of Guernsey as a Senior Building Control Surveyor for 10 years previous to that.
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
I am obligated as a Chartered Surveyor to continue my practice without any trading breaks and I will address the additional resource requirements should I be elected.
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
I believe I can bring many skills to our government, particularly with the Environment and Infrastructure committee as well as the Economic Development committee. I am a Chartered Surveyor with 35+ years experience in both the public and private sectors as a designer and a regulator.
I set up my own business, which is regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. My business experience means I can provide a fresh look through an experienced lens.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
I am a volunteer for St John Guernsey and I was pleased to help out during lockdown assisting with collections and deliveries. I’m also a member of the St John Guernsey property board and provide professional advice on property and regulatory matters.
My passion for music led me to volunteering at Vinyl Vaughan on Saturday mornings. Through the shop and the annual record fair, we have raised money for local charities including Guernsey MIND and also Guernsey Motor Neurone (GMN).
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
I would like to allocate the necessary resources in order to speed up the legal drafting process for the introduction of new legislation, which has already been approved.
We need to clear the backlog from the last 10 years so that we can clear the way for the newly elected States Deputies to be efficient and effective.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
The purpose of the Guernsey Partnership of Independents is that we have promised to do precisely that in remaining loyal to the majority decision and not spoiling votes with endless requetes.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
If I’m elected, there will be no false promises. I am going to try my utmost to push forward with what I believe in.