- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
Business Consultant and Property Agent
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
Personal Profile: I am a positive individual who has lived on island for many years. Gaining experience in, customer service, relationship management, sales and marketing, with a very customer centric attitude. During my time in Guernsey I have developed strong relationships both professionally and personally with a number of well-established individuals and businesses.
Having previously worked in the finance sector I have in the last ten years worked within the property market, dealing primarily in sales/rentals and property management. Due to the recent regulation changes which have had an adverse effect on my sector of the property market I am now seeking employment focusing on customer service/relationships, sales and/or management elsewhere in the real estate market and or associated business or financial institutions.
I have travelled extensively worldwide gaining much life experience with other nationalities and cultures. Professional Courses Attended • 2008 Anti Money Laundering Course • 2006 How to Market your Business • 1998 Interpersonal Skills Training Employment History Whitton Real Estate: Non- Executive Director UK London based land and development Company specialising in large land regeneration schemes and Real Estate Management in and around London and the midlands. (Presently). Affinity Group GRE Non-Executive Director (Formerly) Trust Ford Group (Guernsey) Ltd Aug 2019 – Mar 2020 Commercial Vehicles Sales Executive – Responsibilities include sales and purchase of new and used commercial vehicles and car sales. Self Employed Property Manager July 2009-Present Running a portfolio of 6 Open Market/ Local Market houses of multiple occupancy (HMO’s) Dealing on a personal basis with new tenants, attaining references, liaising with tenants and playing the arbiter role to maintain harmony within a multi tenanted property, responsible for rent collection, monitoring and maintaining property.
Administration including – Creating leases, rates, utilities, facilities management, advertising, Answering and fielding telephone leads, processing and coordinating submission of documentation for population management control, maintaining accurate and confidential records. Wiltshire Property Ltd Sept 2014-Sept 2016 • Sales and rental property negotiation, dealing with both open and local market. • Property Valuation for marketing and or investment purposes. • Property Management and maintenance for landlords. Foundations Capital Business Consultant (administration contract period) Nov 2008 – Jun 2009 • Creating, launching and initial marketing of two funds, The Canadian Integrated Agriculture Fund and The Clubeasy Fund. Eurowise Ltd, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Director Jan 1999 to Jun 2008 • Dealing on a personal basis with the furniture manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. • Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing furniture to meet customer demand. • Coordinating the freight and export of goods to the UK. • Networking to develop and maintain a profitable customer base. • Maintaining stock levels and pricing according to the market. • General office administration. Lloyd’s TSB Fund Managers (Guernsey) Ltd Business Development Manager Mar 1998 to Dec 1998 • Fund dealing and administration. • Co-ordinating the advertising budget with the National Press. • Department Manager of 16 personnel. Reason for leaving was relocating to Amsterdam, Netherlands. Apollo Investment Management Ltd Marketing Manager/ Investment Funds Nov 1996 to Feb 1998 • Marketing the funds to private client wealth management companies, high net worth individuals, stockbrokers, independent financial advisors, investment bank managers, accountants and life assurance companies. •
Extensive private client relationship management. Channel Islands Commodity Brokers Ltd Trader (Secondment) Oct 1996- Nov 1996 • Purchase and sale of commodities and subsequent administration involved in the process. Astley and Pearce (CI) Ltd Money Dealer (Interbank) Nov 1984 to Sept 1996 • Trading wholesale bank deposits on the World’s inter-bank money markets. • Buying and selling of foreign exchange to facilitate swaps and arbitrage. • Intensive daily customer relationship management. Experience gained at: Tullet & Tokyo (Money Markets) Ltd Money Dealer Nov 1983 to Nov 1984 Anthony Bryant & Co- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sales & Investment Consultant Oct 1982 to Oct 1983 Morgan Grenfell (Guernsey) Ltd Trainee Money Dealer Jan 1982 to Sept 1982 Castle Trust Company (Guernsey) Ltd Bookkeeper and Accounts Dec 1980 to Dec 1981 Ruette Braye Motors Ltd Trainee Sales Manager July 1978 to Dec 1980
Education/Qualifications • Les Beaucamps School, Guernsey Sept 1974 – July 1978 • O Level (6) including – English, Mathematics and Economics.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
Business Consultant and Property Agent No previous States of Guernsey positions held.
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
No, I intend to devote 100% of my time to being a States of Deliberation Deputy
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
My banking and finance experience qualifications will help me to develop the economy and the strategy to deliver sustainable growth. 1) Home Affairs 2) Economic Development
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
I have encouraged my work colleagues and all those people around me to be more aware of environment issues and the need to reduce carbon and improve our footprint. We need to transition to clean fuels whilst maintaining affordability. Assisting colleagues in the collection of seaweed to be used as a fertiliser for sustainable product development.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
An amendment to the law to enforce 14 – 17 year old’s (only) to change from a two stroke small motor bike to a four stroke or electric vehicle. A transitionary period of one to three years. Implement a scrap and export scheme.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
Open minded and a liberal thinking, putting the interests of the community above self interest.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
- Any other comments you wish to add:
Directions needs consensus. I am not afraid to own the decisions of a committee.