- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
St Peter Port
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
Never been a member
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
CSE Maths, English. Passed training for fire and intruder maintenance. vocation – Professional DJ for 30 years, present my own show on internet radio (temp suspended), as a result of the dj work i am used to public speaking, gotten my hands dirty through work in various everyday jobs…life experiences.
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
Fire & Intruder Alarm maintenance engineer, storeman, digital record label owner, occasional music producer.
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
no, it would be my full-time occupation
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
As i come from a “normal” working background, communication is crucial and this is something i know i can do. I have a curiosity about things and would look into all relevant details in order to perform as expected…..i have a need to know and experience personality
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
In work we either work as a team or on an individual basis whatever the job requires. I was part of the Vale Earth Fair Collective for many years, eventually running my own area, the VEF donates to many charities and is well known in the festival circuit. And in social i was a co-organiser ion a local protest group.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
Introduce a Purdah system to guernsey politics.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
Not being afraid to challenge, to question actions or to speak my mind.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes i am adult enough to do that.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
I think this section will be a bit more relevant on the big day, whatever the outcome maybe. and i wish all candidates the very best of luck.