- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
Business Intelligence Developer
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
BSc Mathematics PGDip Marketing Management MSc Distributed Multimedia Networks CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Level 1 Teacher training – 1 year teaching in Guernsey Lived in: UK, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Oslo – learned some languages 1 year chairman of STEPS (now Living Streets) Guernsey Self Employed – set up my own company Written occasionally for newspapers
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
Present: Senior Developer Utmost Worldwide 5 years permanent at Specsavers – Senior Business Intelligence Developer Self employed Web Developer – for 10 years working for Nokia, Mobile Innovation, 7 day shop, Sure, Specsavers
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
Yes, if I can get a few hours per week working as a developer. I would love not to have to but need to supplement Deputy income to pay the mortgage
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
I have been involved in ecological movements since I was at university – Greenpeace, Living Streets. I am also a parent and have raised two lovely children.
Working in education has given me Good understanding of business as company director, working in marketing, investing. Managing a team at Specsavers.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
I have helped organise green events – cycle ride, walks, concert,
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
Introduction of a Freedom of Information Law
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
A belief that our quality of life can be improved by focusing on people and community. Plenty of ideas about this.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
- Any other comments you wish to add: