- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
PA in family Business and weekly market organiser and treasurer
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
Waste Disposal Peoples Panel Guernsey Recycling Forum Douzaine Council Guernsey Tomorrow workshops participant Waste Strategy workshops participant as the Woman Institute representative Skills Guernsey workshops participant representing the construction industry
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
Douzenier, 2010-2014 for St Sampson
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
1973-1980 comprehensive German school, ‘O’ Level, A in English, Mathematics, Home Economics and Personal Social and Health Education, Fluent in German Language
1980-1983 Three year study course (apprentice) in Hotel Management, Germany.
1988-1989 Guernsey college of Further Education, Certificate in Horticulture
1998 Certificate of competence in the Use of pesticides
1999-2001 Quality Controller for Guernsey Growers Association
2001 Health and Safety Awareness course.
2003 Guernsey College of Further Education, OCR-Computer Literacy and Information Technology Course – Stage 1
2005 Guernsey College of Further, Accounting CAT Key Stage 1+2
2005 Guernsey Business School, Introduction to Book-keeping and Accounts
2009+2010 Denman College, ‘Can You Hear Me at the Back’ Public Speaking course, Stage 1 and 2
2011 Guernsey College of Further Education, City & Guilds Certificate, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Level 3
2012, 2016 and 2020 (cut short due to lock down) WEA course, Guernsey Economics. 2019, Virtual College, City & Guilds Level 2 – Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
Since 2007, Small family Business owner in the construction industry, employer till the end of 2018. For the past 8/9 years, Organiser and treasurer of a weekly NFP (not for profit) Farmers Market and coffee morning
2010-2012 College of Further Education, in the Hospitality and Catering department, Kitchen Assistant and occasional Front of House Lecturer
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
Yes, but if elected I intend to be a full time deputy and whole heartedly committed. The business hours are very flexible, I am not employed but assist the business.
The Market, there are others that can cover for me, I would not wish to lose that diverse social and community connection.
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
I am professional, conscientious, reliable and always striving to do better and deliver the tasks at hand to the highest standard possible. I have a can do attitude and thrive at problem solving. My life experience’s are multiple to say the least, going to Germany with the family at the age of 9, only being able to say ‘Danke, Bitte, Hallo & Aufwiedersehen’, returning by myself at the age of 20, first staying with family and then my own flat.
Indirect and direct personal experience of, single parenting, learning disability and associated agencies, specialist schooling, child protection, adult and child mental health services, various hospital admissions, medivac to the UK, dementia, social services, off Island placements, long term disability and recovery. professional experience with planning and building control, employer responsibility ‘s, ETI and social security contributions, waste transport license, insurances
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
Parent, Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) member at my child’s school, helping to organise functions and raise funds. The weekly NFP market, I organise and co ordinate the multiple helpers, producers and stall holders.
I am the Treasurer, being responsible for the weekly cash floats, banking and required insurances. Administration, Book keeping, end of year accounts, staff management and payroll, Project managing, customer care, advice and liaison , quoting, sourcing, liaise and co ordinating of multiple trade’s, ensuring time management and staying within budget, assuring customer satisfaction.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
Reintroduce respect for the Royal Court and etiquette.
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
Listening, researching and problem solving
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes, as long as all the facts have been disclosed and discussed.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
It would be an honour and privilege to serve our Bailiwick as an Island wide Peoples Deputy.