- NAME OF CANDIDATE
- PARISH WHERE RESIDENT AT PRESENT
Company Managing Director
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- MANIFESTO WEBSITE
- Have you previously been a member of the States and, if so, between which dates?
- Have you ever served on any States’ committees and, if so, which ones and when?
- Have you ever served as a parish constable, douzenier or procureur of the poor and, if so, between which dates and which parish?
- What education, training, qualifications (whether professional or vocational) and experience do you have which would be advantageous in being one of the 38 Deputies representing the people of Guernsey?
A degree in Business Management
- What is your present occupation and what other positions have you held in the past ten years either as employee or employer (in the case of present or former States’ members please include outside work done (if any) whilst serving as a member)?
I have spent the last twenty years as either a Director or the Managing Director of various profitable local companies, at present I am the MD of an International Engineering supplies company supplying large multi nationals all over the world.
- Do you intend to carry on working besides fulfilling your duties as a States’ member if elected?
I am Semi-retired at the moment and therefore have the time available.
- Indicate how your qualifications and experience of life generally will bring value to the work of the States in the discharge of all its many functions, governmental, legislative and administrative. Indicate, if you wish, two particular committees where you feel you can make a contribution and which skills and attributes you have which would fit you for such roles.
I hope to be able to use my many years of business experience to good use on the Economic Development or Policy and Resources committee where I would like together with others to be able to match our expenditure / Debt loading with our income, this is how I’ve managed to be part of various boards that have maintained stability and profitability for many years.
- Give details of any team or project activity in which you have engaged within the last five years where you feel you have contributed to benefitting your employment or community: (a) in your work (b) in your voluntary charitable, sporting or social life.
I am very proud to be part of the Guernsey Arts Committee where we promote the arts throughout the Island, I firmly believe that the arts contribution is underestimated in our business community, without the arts we would have no advertising, no aesthetic design or colour in our everyday lives, no architecture and very little pleasure. I cannot claim anything but association with the fantastic team at the GAC as I only ensure their accounts are transparent but this does not stop me being proud of that association.
- What is the first thing (if any) you would like to change in the present practices or procedures (not the policies) of the States of Deliberation?
I would like to see the states assembly deliberate, negotiate and confer in a civilised equal manner to get the best deal for Guernsey PLC not as a crowd of bickering self promoting / important individuals
- What do you regard as the prime attribute or special skill you have to serve the island as a deputy?
The ability to be able to take on board advice and knowledge from those who know a subject a lot better than myself, accepting you knowledge limitations is a credit as opposed to a self indulgent ego.
- Given that matters can rarely be decided unanimously, are you able to respect the majority decision of a team or committee of which you are a member after respectful and informed debate?
Yes most defiantly, this is how a civilised government works and has done since the Greeks.
- Any other comments you wish to add:
I hope to be an asset to government not a hindrance.